The Spice & Tea Exchange ® was founded in 2008, by a group of talented individuals with a passion for life and food. What started as a small shop St. Augustine, Florida, has quickly grown into a nation-wide franchise powered by flavor, passionate franchise owners, and a desire to bring flavorful ingredients to your kitchen. Our franchise owners are the #1 REASON for what we do, and our team is a close-knit family you’d enjoy sitting with around the dinner table.
"Creating & sharing the experience of a more flavorful life," is the mission and cornerstone of our business, in which we strive to provide guests with quality products and flavorful memories. We offer a high-quality, diverse assortment of products in a sensory shopping experience. One step into our shops will kick your senses into high-gear as you open the jars and smell, explore recipes, and speak with our knowledgeable staff about your culinary interests.
- 2005 - Old Florida Spice Traders opened in St. Augustine, FL
- 2008 - Old Florida Spice Traders became The Spice & Tea Exchange® & began franchising
- 2009 - Our Distribution Center moves from Jacksonville, FL to St. Augustine, FL; 1,500 sq. ft.
- 2010 - Location opens in Downtown Disney, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- 2012 - 30th location opens in Greenville, SC
- 2014 - Honored with the “Tampa Bay Fast 50” designation
- 2015 - We join the INC 5000 list for growing franchises
- 2015 - Ranked #412 in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2015 Franchise 500
- 2015 - New 15,000 sq. ft. Distribution Center opens in St. Augustine, FL
- 2016 - Placed on Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2016 Franchise 500
- 2018 - Ranked #279 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2018 Franchise 500
- 2018 - Ranked #6 in Retail Food Franchises among Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 200 Restaurant Franchises
- 2019 - Ranked #392 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2019 Franchise 500
- 2019 - Ranked #8 in Retail Food Franchises among Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 200 Restaurant Franchises