The last several years seem to have forever changed the way people look at society, their health, their careers, and their time with loved ones. As a result, many have been looking for a career that’s ultimately more satisfying and aligned with their personal interests and goals.
The Spice & Tea Exchange® is a tea franchise, a retail franchise and a food franchise opportunity that combines the best of all three. Our mission, "Creating & sharing the experience of a more flavorful life," promotes values that many hold close: experiences with family & friends, delicious homemade food, and creating memories.
What are you looking for in a franchise or career opportunity? Have you considered opening a spice & tea franchise? Here are the top 10 reasons we believe The Spice & Tea Exchange® is one of the best food franchises to own.
1. HISTORY OF SUCCESS. During 2020, we awarded 6 new locations and opened 9 stores. We saw record sales system wide in 2021, with a year-over-year increase of 70.8%. We opened 7 new locations and assisted more of our Franchise Partners with expansion than ever before. Our system now boasts 13 multi-unit ownership groups, accounting for 39% of the system; an incredible testament to the confidence that our franchisees have in our brand!
2. PASSION. Looking to find something you love? If you love retail, love being social, food, wellness, tea, and people, The Spice & Tea Exchange® may just be the perfect opportunity to bring back passion into your career. Whether it’s helping a guest with choosing the perfect spice blend for their meal, teaching a cooking class, creating a menu for a tasting event, creating a recipe, or sharing stories on the sales floor… we can easily say, the foodie life doesn’t get much better than this!
3. OPPORTUNITY. In 2021, we inspired more than 1,175,736 guests to create new experiences at home, served over 215,000 cups of tea, and connected with 93,099+ new rewards members! Guests are excited about tea and wellness, cooking from home, and people are exploring small town USA again and shopping locally, and guests are no longer visiting the big box retailers.
4. QUALITY TIME. As an independently owned and operated business, you have the ability to establish your own routines and schedules that complement your business and family lifestyle. In some cases, it’s a family business! Many franchise owners have found ways to incorporate their family/social life into their shop: events, working together, networking together, and more!
5. COMMUNITY. Our franchisees continue to focus on community and retention to increase sales and local partnerships; community is a key component to success! There is so much excitement around networking with other local business owners, being able to serve our guests in an engaging environment, and coming up with new innovative ways to reach the community.
6. FUN. Our store owners often host tea tastings, dinner parties, and culinary demonstrations as well as participate in events such as farmer’s markets, local community gatherings, and more. Many also co-host events and/or network with local vendors, chefs, spas, and venues!
7. TRENDS. Healthier beverages, looking for alternatives to coffee, and self-care (such as relaxing with tea) have led to a rise in the popularity of tea bars. Additional focus on family time/home cooking, wellness products, and fun & easy entertaining with food such as: charcuterie, cheese boards, and more trends have also brought in many new consumers.
8. VARIETY. Whether you are training, working with staff, managing inventory, enjoying the sales floor, blending spices, working on marketing, networking, or hosting events, no two days in this industry are alike! Our franchisees experience a range of opportunities each day.
9. VALUES. Stand by your love for the people/the community, family & friends, healthy food, and delicious culinary creations. Our franchise system is a very close-knit family with all our franchisees coming from all different backgrounds! Our franchisees have a passion for what they do whether its tea, cooking, health, being involved in their business, or local communities. Our team strives every day to create and share the experience of a more flavorful life.
10. SUPPORT. Why franchise? You’ll reap all the benefits of an independent business, with the backing of a strong brand behind you. The Spice & Tea Exchange® is not only a Franchisor, but also the primary Distributor to our retail locations, sourcing more than 90% of product needs on behalf of our ownership base. Our incredible support teams are here to help you succeed within Franchise Operations, Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Technology, Learning & Development, and more!
Would you love to start a tea or culinary business, but just don’t want the long hours in the kitchen? Interested in a food franchise, but don’t want something repetitive? If you’d like to learn more about a retail & food franchise with The Spice & Tea Exchange®, visit us at spiceandtea.com/franchise.
About Us: From a small store in St. Augustine, FL, to a nation-wide franchise, we are powered by passionate franchise owners, flavor, and a desire to bring flavorful ingredients & memories to your kitchen. “Creating & sharing the experience of a more flavorful life," is our mission and we’d love for you to visit us in a The Spice & Tea Exchange® store near you to learn more (+ for the full sensory shopping experience or to check out a tea bar). We may just be your cup of tea!